What should I name THE SHADOW fanedit?

Monday, March 12, 2007

Part 8: Diminishing Returns

The farther along I get the more that my past mistakes are irritating me. All of the constant encoding, editing, & re-encoding has degraded the image quality in some of the more action-packed scenes to the point where I’m really distracted by it. I was intentionally encoding to 2 single large files and them slicing them back up & then encoding them again to other large files, but I really should have kept re-using the original parts. It was a lazy way out & now I’ve got some shitty footage in parts. Once I have an edit locked down I’ll see about re-creating the shots with fresh rips of the material.

I’ve yet to add any more animated shots to the second half, mostly because I’m reluctant to add any more running time. So there’s that, a final audio mix to smooth out some dead spots and add mood music, then subtitles. Then figure out how to jam it on to a DVD and create menus as well. I’ll probably create 3 versions – the full single DVD, and 2-disc set, and then a DivX encoded version to watch on my laptop.

No comments: