What should I name THE SHADOW fanedit?

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Part 6: Moving Along

I’ve re-edited the last 45min of the story and it flows much better. Of course now that I’m truly beginning to appreciate the editing program, I’ll have to re-do the first few hours to tighten it up. I’d like to hit as close to the 4 hour mark as possible. I have been reluctant to remove much from the first film, as it sets up the basic framework of a really good story, before the 2nd and 3rd devolve into action sequences, but it seems that I might be able to re-arrange or weave those events around the action…

Also, I had mixed in quite a bit of footage from the “Animatrix” episodes into the first section, but virtually none into the action-heavy final two-thirds. It really added some punch and vitality when done right, so I’m going to search for appropriate footage for the later events.
[4 hours 27 minutes]

For the new subtitles, I’ve found fan transcripts of the 3 films, combined them, and have re-arranged according to the edit so far. The next step will be converting those into a subtitle file, but that will have to wait until the final edit is locked down.

No comments: