What should I name THE SHADOW fanedit?

Monday, March 26, 2007

Part 10: Price of Perfection(ism)

I noticed this big ULTIMATE MATRIX set when it came out last winter, but since I already owned each film and the Animatrix (twice, if you count the Chinese bootlegs) I didn’t pay much attention. However, I was so irritated that the look of the first film on my dvd copy was much different from the sequels (its ‘warmer’ with less contrast and brightness) that I had been toying with trying to correct the footage I was using.

Then I noticed a review of the set that mentioned that the first film had been remastered to bring the look closer to the others. Sigh. Weighing the cost of DIY versus getting the box set, I went ahead & spent the cash. Just got it yesterday & have ripped new video, but (ack!) when I created my frame-served files there was a 21ms time difference, so I had to go back & adjust each edit involving the first film by 21ms. Ugh.

But, I’m happy to say that the whole thing does look much better.

I’ll soon be reselling 2 of my 3 collected Matrix sets, so keep an eye out for bargains on that certain online auction site.

No comments: