What should I name THE SHADOW fanedit?

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Part 7: Trials & (mostly) Errors

Was finally able to burn a complete single version on to a disc. Even compressing down to 8gb to fit on the dual-layer disc takes away some of the visual quality. I also noticed several disjointed edits and some sequences that feel too rushed. I’ve tweaked the end a bit more as well. [Running time, 4hrs 20min.]

I’ve pared too much away from the middle third of the story, relying on fades to transition between scenes. I took some dialogue scenes from the “cutting room floor”, and inserted them in new spots. The transitions are much improved and there’s more flow to the story. I’ve decided to cut out almost all of the brief scenes in Zion in which Zee and Charra scamper around launching missiles at the giant drill. Since I cut most of Zee out of the story, there was little reason for them other than to show some action during the battle…
[Running time: 4hrs, 18min.]

No comments: