What should I name THE SHADOW fanedit?

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Part 3 : Broad Strokes

I’ve got a couple dozen “chunks” of footage separated, with the audio stripped. Most have been converted into MPEG2 files, while being nipped & tucked in the process. I’ve pulled several very short clips from throughout the series to use as “flashes” or visions or whatever during the various transitions between scenes.

I tried to follow the natural scenes breaks and essentially just saved the clips as mini-movies.

Also, the first 30 minutes or so has been laid out, pasted together roughly, & I’ve done a couple of practice burns to see how well the pieces fit. Some of my concerns about being disjointed have been eased, as edits that felt jerky or abrupt on the computer are much smoother and cleaner once they’ve been encoded and played on a standard DVD. However, my belief that smoothing out the soundtrack cannot be neglected is growing stronger. The cuts & transitions will always seem ragged & amateurish until the sound is remixed in the final stages…

No comments: